Warranty Conditions for CANADA
What is a warranty?
We thank you for purchasing this FUJIFILM product. Your product has been manufactured to precise standards, with rigid quality control through every part of the manufacturing process. When you bought your FUJIFILM product, you were given a warranty, which means for a certain period after purchase, any manufacturing defect will be repaired free-of-charge. Our products are extremely reliable, but like all complex equipment, it is possible that faults can develop over time.
How long does my warranty last?
The standard warranty period for Digital Cameras bought in Canada is 24 months. The warranty period begins from the date printed on your Retailer or Web receipt.
What do I need to claim a free repair under warranty?
All you will need is a clearly legible receipt that you were given by the Retailer or Website or you bought it from. It’s very important that you look after your receipt, as without this evidence you cannot claim your warranty. You do not need to present a Warranty Card to claim your warranty. Warranty applies to product which is purchased as new only. Warranty is not transferable therefore we accept receipts only from valid FUJIFILM Retailers.
What if the warranty period has expired?
If the warranty period has expired, you will need to pay for the repair. You can check here for info on how to contact Fujifilm Canada Support for further information.
What is not covered by the warranty?
The warranty does not cover normal wear and tear, scratching, abrasions or cosmetic damage. More specifically, it does not cover damage caused by:
- Any misuse or improper handling (the camera should be protected if carried in a bag or a case)
- Dropping or knocking the product
- A repair, modification or cleaning done by anyone other than FUJIFILM or a FUJIFILM Authorised Service Centre
- Leaking or exhausted batteries
- Improper storage (extremes of temperature or humidity)
- The entry of water, sand, dust etc into the camera
How do I claim a repair under warranty?
Before sending the camera in for repair, double check that any problems which appear to be failures are not due to operating errors.
- Please consult your owner’s manual to review settings and conditions of use.
- If you have internet access, please visit the Technical Support section found on www.fujifilm.ca as many apparent problems can be resolved by following suggestions found there.
- If the above two resources do not resolve the problem, contact Technical Support in your country. They will be able to advise whether the unit needs to be sent in for service or repair.
- Then proceed as follows:
You can either take or send the product to the Retailer or Website you bought it from or direct to ATTENTION: Camera Repair, FUJIFILM Canada at 600 Suffolk Court, Mississauga, ON L5R 4G4. You must meet the cost for sending the product back to your Retailer, Website or to FUJIFILM Canada. The cost of returning the Digital Camera to you will be met by the Retailer or by FUJIFILM if the product is found to have a manufacturer defect. Product deemed "no fault found" may have a $25.00 (plus tax) diagnostics fee charged.
What happens if I bought the camera in a different country from where I live?
The normal policy is for the Service Centre in the country in which you live to repair the camera for you. Obviously, the Retailer or Web receipt will not be from your home country.
What happens if I have lost my Retailer receipt?
If you have lost your receipt, you will have no evidence that the product is within its warranty period, so regrettably you will have to pay for the repair.
How do I go about getting a repair under warranty?
You will need to return your product, with a copy of the Retailer or Web receipt, to the Retailer or Website you bought it from or direct to ATTENTION: Camera Repair, FUJIFILM Canada at 600 Suffolk Court, Mississauga, ON L5R 4G4. Make sure that:
- the product is packed with a sufficient protection to prevent any further damage. It is your responsibility to ensure that the product arrives safely.
- We strongly recommend using a shipping service which includes tracking of your shipment
- Attach your name, address, telephone number and e-mail address (if you have one) – to the camera itself otherwise we cannot return the product to you!
Just send us back the product. Please do not send us any accessories, like media cards, batteries, software unless these are clearly related to the problem or as directed by Technical Support.
- FUJIFILM’s liability is strictly limited to repairing or replacing the product. FUJIFILM has no liability for indirect or consequential loss of any kind due to a defect with this product.
- FUJIFILM accepts no liability for loss of data or pictures caused by the product’s malfunction.
- FUJIFILM reserves the right not to repair a product under warranty if the serial number has been removed, altered or defaced.
- FUJIFILM will normally use new parts, but reserves the right to use reconditioned or repaired parts.
- Any defective parts replaced in the camera become the property of FUJIFILM.
- This warranty is in addition to (and does not affect) your statutory rights as a consumer.
- FUJIFILM reserves the right to replace the entire product as an alternative to a repair with product that is either new or refurbished and is either the same or a newer model in that same product group.
- If products are sent to FUJIFILM without any contact details, FUJIFILM reserves the right to dispose of your product six months after receipt.
- If a product is sent to FUJIFILM without adequate protection, and the product is damaged in transit, FUJIFILM reserve the right to charge for any extra repair.